Saturday, October 10, 2009

Untitled

How did your beliefs come about?
Through reading exoteric and esoteric works, experiential learning?
Did these ways of knowledge lead you to a perfect, doubt free certainty about reality?

What if those exoteric and esoteric works are completely wrong; based on false assumptions of those who came before you, and what about your experiences through your senses- perceived, conceived and abstracted, are they wrong?

What would be the condition of your existence then?

6 comments:

  1. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

    That is about what this boils down to.

    Did my "beliefs" come first and then I read esoteric works, or did the esoteric work influence my beliefs?

    My response is thus: I have found that these esoteric works verify what I already know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed you added "exoteric" after your initial posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what source did you recieve your verification?

    The chicken came first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is becoming clearer to me, is that there is no such thing as a spiritual thought, and most things come from thought.

    If you are feeling the spiritual reality of the moment, there isn't much desire to get it down on paper!

    Ego is tricky, and would have us believe we are good spiritual people, all the while keeping us from the truth with that delusion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why should "feeling" the spiritual reality of the moment not be a trick of the ego as much as is spiritual thought?

    My question still is-what would be the condition of you existence then?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's ALL a trick of the ego until Realization happens! ;-)

    ReplyDelete